Am I marriage hungry? I don’t know. But I hate the negative connotation that comes
with wanting to be married. I’m excited for marriage. You should be
too. Unless you’re already married. Then you should be excited about your
marriage. Excited about the eternity you get to spend with this person you love
more than anyone else. Excited that no
matter how bad your day is, you get to come home to someone that loves you no
matter what.
I think I’m excited for different reasons than most people…
I’m excited for my husband to be sick. I can’t wait to take
care of him, rub his back, listen to him complain and feel so bad for him, throw
away his keenex for him, and lie down with him even though I might get sick too.
I’m excited for my husband to come home really sad and
miserable from a hard day’s work. I’m excited to do everything in my power to
cheer him up. I’ll tell him everything I
love about him and how amazing he is. I’ll do a dance for him. I’ll make up a
rap for him. Whether it works or not, I won’t regret trying.
I’m excited to slave in the kitchen over recipes that I
think he will like (even if they have nuts or veggies in them) just to hear him
say thank you, or even mmm.
I’m excited for him to tell me his deepest darkest secrets.
And I’ll tell him mine. And we’ll never judge one another. We’ll just love each
other.
I’m excited to fight with him. I’m excited for us to get mad
at each other. I’ll always apologize.
I’m good at that. Then maybe we’ll end up kissing because we can’t help it.
I’m excited to play sports with him, because he likes sports
and I like him.
I’m excited to be dirt poor together. We’ll eat Spaghettios
and Top Ramen almost every night, but occasionally we’ll splurge for mac n’
cheese (not even store brand, I'm talkin Kraft). We’ll shop at the thrift store and we won’t be able to get that smell
out of our clothes. Our date nights will be the dollar menu and the dollar theater, and we’ll love every second of it every time. Maybe one night we’ll get really stressed out and cry together because we
can’t make rent. But it'll be okay because we have each other.
I’m excited to forgive my husband when he does stupid or rude
things.
I’m excited for him to force me to eat my fruits and
vegetables, no matter how much I resist. He’ll want me to be healthy, because
he cares about me.
I’m excited for my husband to make fun of me because hey,
sometimes I’m an idiot. He’ll laugh at me when I take jokes way too far. He
might take them further. Then I’ll laugh at him.
I’m excited for us to get old and for me to die first,
because he’ll know I won’t want to live without him.
I’m excited for him to not be ready for this thing called
marriage. We’ll learn and grow together. Trial and error. It’ll be hard but so
worth it. We’ll teach each other how to be husband and wife. Getting married
will be the best decision we ever made.
I’m excited for him to get fat and ugly someday. I’ll just
love him more. Because he’s mine.
I’m excited for my husband to be just as weird as I am.
We’ll have random ghetto dance parties together in the kitchen. Sometimes we’ll
talk to each other in meows or barks or maybe grunts. We’ll see who can make
the weirdest noise in public. He’ll say really awkward things that make
everyone uncomfortable except for me, I’ll just smile because I’m so proud of him.
So I guess here’s what I need in a husband: A super weird guy that’s dirt poor, that gets sick
and sad a lot, that has dark secrets, that makes fun of me, that does stupid
and rude things, that will get fat and ugly, that will get mad at me and fight
with me, that will force feed me, that’s not ready for marriage.
Honestly, what is wrong with me.
Oh and he has to fart a lot. Loud ones. Juicy ones. Okay not
juicy ones, that was too far. I apologize.
So, am I marriage hungry? …still don’t know. I like my life
right now, and I’ll wait as long as it takes to find this weirdo. One thing I
do know. I am baby hungry. Will I wait until I’m married to get pregnant? We’ll
see…
This will be us...
Or this...
Then this...
Then this... (...or will this come first?)
Then this... Wait what?
Eh?
But seriously...
For sure this...
And some of this...
So ya, I'm excited.








No comments:
Post a Comment