Remember when you would let me do the stick shift in the yellow Toyota while you drove...
Remember when we were watching the finale of the Bachelor and you said, "She really should have gotten a manicure."... (With 4 girls, ESPN was always out of the question)
Remember when we were watching the finale of the Bachelor and you said, "She really should have gotten a manicure."... (With 4 girls, ESPN was always out of the question)
Remember when we'd always catch you listening to Enya...
Remember when you would make me walk all the way to my room to turn off my light even if you were right next to it... (I am now the light nazi)
Remember when I was in danger of getting a detention if I was late to school one more time, so you asked me if I had my seat belt on then drove about 85 mph the whole way in a 35 mph zone, and I barely made it on time... (nice)
Remember when you would pull the E-break super hard so we would spin to "make sure the E-break was working properly"... (I think I appreciated that as much as any son would have)
Remember when you taught me how to recognize a corvette by age 2...
Remember when you would be putting on your shoes and we'd ask, "Are you getting the mail or a haircut?" And it would always be one or the other...
Remember when the fake tree downstairs scared you like I've never seen you scared before...
Remember when you would always try to get me to eat healthy, and now that I'm a senior in college I still tell you when I eat a fruit or vegetable and you're still proud...
Remember when you taught me how to belch and then said, "Uhh you probably shouldn't do that in front of guys"...
Remember when you would paint Mo mo's and Cassie's toenails because mom's hands shook too much... (that's a real man)
Remember when I asked you what "skid mark resistant" meant and you started to tell me but then couldn't because you were laughing so hard that you cried... (real mature, dad)
Remember when you tried to french braid my hair and failed... (I appreciated the effort)
Remember when you would fall asleep during the beginning credits of every movie...
Remember when you were telling that story about the lady farting in church and instead of just saying, "she farted," you actually farted... (well played, dad)
Remember when I backed into that pile of bricks in the new Prius and the bumper was hanging off and I was so worried to tell you guys, but when I called you and told you, you said "oh well that's a bummer"... (then I peed my pants with relief)
Remember when you would let me punch you as hard as I could and then after I did you would say, "Okay I'm ready"... (good one, dad)
Remember when that one scene in 30 rock made you laugh harder than I think I've ever seen you laugh before... (aside from maybe the skid mark incident) (It is impossible to know what will set you off)
Thank you for always supporting me and being proud of me in everything I do. I love you and miss you daddy! Happy Father's Day! (yesterday)





No comments:
Post a Comment