I went back to work. Entered some tests, answered some phone calls, did some filing. Then I had to go to the bathroom, so I put up the sign saying I would return shortly. I’m washing my hands in the bathroom, checking myself out in the mirror, when I see my hair moving. My body tenses up, and as my face slowly moves closer to the mirror, I see him. Creepy McGee prowling around on my scalp. Without time for my mind to register what my body was about to do, my hand reached up, grabbed the spider, and placed it in the sink. Woah... who am I, crocodile dundee? If you would’ve asked me a few minutes before what I would've done if a spider was in my hair, my answer would have been something like.... “Pass out so my mind doesn’t have to endure this kind of trauma.”....or “Stop, drop, and roll until I’m 100% positive the spider could not have lived through that many rolls.”......or “Give up on life. It’s just not worth it.”
But no. The moment came and I rose up to the occasion. I rose up and above that dang occasion. Seriously, if anyone can think of a way I could’ve possibly handled the situation better, let it be known.
So the lesson here is, if you’re terrified to do something, afraid of the impending future, don’t be. The strength will come. The strength you didn’t know you had will appear when you need it most.
God (or in my case adrenaline) will never leave you high and dry.
But no. The moment came and I rose up to the occasion. I rose up and above that dang occasion. Seriously, if anyone can think of a way I could’ve possibly handled the situation better, let it be known.
So the lesson here is, if you’re terrified to do something, afraid of the impending future, don’t be. The strength will come. The strength you didn’t know you had will appear when you need it most.
God (or in my case adrenaline) will never leave you high and dry.
....ya, imagine that in spider form.
(most regretted google image search of my life- Marilyn Manson. and I've had some big regretters)

No comments:
Post a Comment